Why go to all the bother, and mess, of squeezing your own fruit juice on a morning?
Firstly though, what exactly do I mean by ‘FRESH’? Well, I mean, chopped in half and squeezed right there and then in front of you before you drink it. Loads of stuff in the supermarkets will tell you it’s ‘freshly squeezed’, it can taste delicious and when the poor little buggers were originally plucked from the trees and ‘squidged’ they were fresh, however they were then treated, usually with heat, so they could sit on the shelf for several days, even weeks. All the nutrients are gone or at least in the main.
When you drink freshly squeezed citrus fruit, you absorb up to 80% more of the nutrients, minerals & vitamins that you would otherwise be missing out on. It’s also good for your organs, juicing your fruit reduces the amount of work your digestive system has to do and benefit the health of the liver & kidneys. This leads to better immunity and overall long-term health.
What’s stopping you?
– One glass of fresh orange juice contains your essential daily dose of Vitamin C
– Fresh citrus juice contains ‘flavonoids’, they lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
– As well as being high in antioxidants it’s high in dietary fibre, thiamine and folates.
– Drinking fresh juice can reduce the damage done by free radicals to the cells in our bodies.
– There are so many different flavonoids and phyto-nutrients in fresh juice that researchers say they can prevent many degenerative diseases, even cancer!
NOW GO MAKE JUICE!!!!